4 Ingredient Homemade Slime
I want to start off by saying that this post is not sponsored by Elmer's Glue. However, their smart "how to make slime" commercial is the reason my three-year-old son requested we make slime. He was hooked on the slime-making process as soon as he saw the commercial at the beginning of summer. It only took me all summer to purchase the ingredients to make this kid-friendly, fun and easy slime recipe (hello procrastination). So far this is my son's favorite DIY project, and it is the most simple.
*Tip: The recipe is recommended for children (with adult supervision) three years and above. For safety, I placed my one-year-old in the high chair as her brother made the slime.
The first step is to pour the glue into a bowl. Then add the baking soda to the glue. Mix thoroughly.
After you mix the glue and baking soda together add a couple of drops of your favorite food coloring color to the mixture. The more drops you add of food coloring, the more intense your color will be. This is where your little one can experiment and play with the different shades of color.
After you add the food coloring, mix it thoroughly into the mixture and watch as the color starts to transform.
Once you reach the desired color and the food coloring is integrated into the mixture, add the contact lens solution.
Mix the contact lens solution into the slime mixture with a spoon until it becomes too thick to mix. Then knead the slime with your hands until you reach the desired consistency. Add more contact lens solution if the slime is too sticky.
Then watch as your child is enamored with the project he/she just created.
After the fun was over, clean up was a breeze. We removed the tabletop residue with a disinfecting wipe.
To play with the slime for another day store it in an airtight bag in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Hope you enjoy endless hours of playtime with this slime recipe.
*Ensure that your children wash their hands after making and playing with slime. Ensure they don't ingest the slime. If they do, seek medical attention immediately.