Fall DIY Roundup
September is officially hear and I am dreaming of cozy Fall days. Maybe it is a reprieve from the heat. Maybe it is football in Texas, and the festivities around it which conjure up wonderful memories and excitement for more to come. Maybe it is the smells of Fall: my favorite. Crisp autumn air, pumpkin everything, cinnamon, and apple. Maybe it is because of trick or treating, and my birthday. Maybe it is the anticipation of Round Top Antiques Week. Or maybe it is just the sense of starting to slow down, and enjoy family and friends closer together in the season of gathering. Either way. I’m ready for it! So today I want to do a fun roundup of some of my favorite Fall DIYs. Enjoy!
1. First up are these fun DIY Fabric Pumpkins. If you have been following for a while, you know I have a love affair with all things Rifle Paper Co. So, when I spotted their stunning fabric for sale I knew I had to incorporate it into a sweet Fall decor piece. This pumpkin project fit the bill perfectly as it will provide an unexpected whimsical Fall flair year after year. Click here for the full tutorial.
2. Next up is my easy, no sew Infiniti scarf. If the weather cooperates, I love wearing bulky sweaters and cozy scarves in the Fall and Winter. I have been looking for an Infiniti scarf for a while, but they were either 1) too expensive or 2) not the right length for me. So I decided to make my own Infiniti scarf on a budget and just in time for Fall. I loved this project because I was able to be creative, save money and complete it all during nap time. Click here for the full tutorial.
3. Nothing reminds me more of Fall than a good candle. This next DIY project is a fun take on Fall candles by using a real pumpkin. This version is a natural alternative that is a great gift idea for your Fall-loving friends, or as part of a beautiful table centerpiece at Thanksgiving. Click here, to see the full DIY Pumpkin Candle tutorial.
4. With Halloween just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to include this two-ingredient candy: Homemade Halloween Pumpkin Candy & White Chocolate Treat. It is the simplest way to bring sweetness and color to your Halloween. Make it for your Fall potluck or put the homemade candy in baggies for your neighborhood guests. Click here for the full step-by-step recipe and tutorial.
5. To complete todays Fall roundup we have a DIY Chalkboard Pumpkin. This simple chalkboard pumpkin project is so fun because of the variety it offers you. You can add this chalkboard technique to your pumpkin, and continually change your unique message. You can add a fun graphic like candy corn or a cute message like I did. It can be a Halloween or Thanksgiving menu board. It can be the backdrop for your child's next masterpiece. Or it can stay in its original moody black form, perfect for Halloween. However you choose to decorate this pumpkin, I hope you enjoy the process. Click here for the full tutorial for the DIY Chalkboard Pumpkin.
I would love to hear which Fall DIY is your favorite to make?